Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Tuesday, 30 August 2011

Airbus Updates No.406

Incident: Thai A333 at Osaka on Aug 23rd 2011, engine shut down in flight

By Simon Hradecky, created Wednesday, Aug 24th 2011 17:56Z, last updated Wednesday, Aug 24th 2011 17:56Z
A Thai Airways Airbus A330-300, registration HS-TES performing flight TG-623 from Osaka Kansai (Japan) to Bangkok (Thailand) with 280 passengers and 16 crew, was in the initial climb when the crew needed to shut the left hand engine (Trent 772) down due to low oil pressure. The aircraft returned to Kansai Airport for a safe landing.

The flight was cancelled.

Incident: Qantas A388 over Pacific on Aug 15th 2011, engine oil leak
By Simon Hradecky, created Thursday, Aug 25th 2011 15:58Z, last updated Thursday, Aug 25th 2011 15:59Z
A Qantas Airbus A380-800, registration VH-OQB performing flight QF-11 from Sydney,NS (Australia) to Los Angeles,CA (USA), was enroute over the Pacific Ocean when the crew noticed the #2 engine (Trent 972, inboard left) was leaking oil, however, the engine did not need to be shut down. The crew continued the flight to Los Angeles for a routine safe landing on all engines.

A post flight inspection revealed an oil leak in the tranfer gear box of engine #2 that could not be fixed forcing an engine change.

The aircraft departed Los Angeles for Melbourne,VI (Australia) as flight QF-6003 on Aug 24th. The aircraft re-entered service as flight QF-9 on Aug 25th shortly after return.

Incident: Aigle Azur A321 near Paris on Aug 25th 2011, loss of cabin pressure
By Simon Hradecky, created Thursday, Aug 25th 2011 20:48Z, last updated Thursday, Aug 25th 2011 20:48Z
An Aigle Azur Airbus A321-200, registration F-HBAB performing flight ZI-241 from Paris Orly (France) to Tlemcen (Algeria), was climbing through FL320 about 100nm south of Orly Airport when the crew initiated an emergency descent to FL100 due to loss of cabin pressure. The aircraft returned to Paris Orly for a safe landing on runway 26 about 30 minutes later.

A replacement Airbus A321-200 registration F-HBII reached Tlemcen with a delay of 12 hours.

Incident: Condor A320 near Marseille on Aug 26th 2011, fuel pump failure
By Simon Hradecky, created Friday, Aug 26th 2011 17:52Z, last updated Friday, Aug 26th 2011 17:52Z
A Condor Airbus A320-200, registration D-AICC performing flight DE-5168 from Munich (Germany) to Jerez De La Frontera,SP (Spain), was enroute at FL350 about 25nm east of Marseille (France) when the crew decided to turn around and return to Munich at FL340 due to a defective fuel pump and resulting fuel imbalance. The airplane landed safely in Munich about one hour later.

The pump was replaced permitting the aircraft to depart again after about 2:15 hours on the ground. The aircraft reached Jerez De La Frontera with a delay of 4:10 hours.
Incident: Lufthansa A333 near Dusseldorf on Aug 26th 2011, hail, cracked windshield
By Simon Hradecky, created Friday, Aug 26th 2011 19:50Z, last updated Friday, Aug 26th 2011 20:24Z
A Lufthansa Airbus A330-300, registration D-AIKH performing flight LH-436 from Dusseldorf (Germany) to Chicago O'Hare,IL (USA), was climbing through FL180 about 45nm north of Dusseldorf at approximately 13:05L (11:05Z) when the aircraft encountered hail and suffered a cracked windshield. The crew decided to divert to Frankfurt/Main for a safe landing on runway 25C about 40 minutes later.

A replacement Airbus A340-300 registration D-AIGD departed Frankfurt 5 hours after landing and is currently estimated to reach Chicago with a delay of 6:15 hours.

Incident: bmi A321 near Moscow on Aug 26th 2011, dirty dancing
By Simon Hradecky, created Saturday, Aug 27th 2011 14:06Z, last updated Saturday, Aug 27th 2011 14:06Z
A bmi Airbus A321-200, registration G-MEDG performing flight BD-896 from Moscow Domodedovo (Russia) to London Heathrow,EN (UK), was enroute at 10,600 meters MSL about 140nm west of Domodedovo Airport when the crew decided to return to Moscow due to an unruly female passenger on board. The airplane landed safely back on Domodedovo's runway 32R about 35 minutes later. The unruly passenger was taken into custody and sent to hospital for medical tests.

Domodedovo Airport reported, that the female passenger, obviously drunk, started to perform erotic dances in the aisle disturbing other passengers.

Police reported the female disturbed other passengers, who complained to cabin crew.

The aircraft departed Moscow about 12 hours after landing and reached London with a delay of 12.5 hours

Incident: Alitalia A321 and Easyjet A319 near Geneva on Aug 6th 2011, loss of separation
By Simon Hradecky, created Saturday, Aug 27th 2011 16:07Z, last updated Saturday, Aug 27th 2011 16:11Z
An Alitalia Airbus A321-100, registration I-BIXN performing flight AZ-325 from Paris Charles de Gaulle (France) to Rome Fiumicino (Italy), was enroute at FL370 about 15nm west of Geneva (Switzerland) when the controller advised there was another aircraft not in contact with them about 1nm from them climbing to their level. Seconds later the crew reported a TCAS resolution advisory to climb which the crew complied with. The controller apologized stating that he had no contact to the other aircraft that was climbing in contact with Marseille (France) radar. After the aircraft got clear of conflict the Alitalia crew returned to FL370 and continued to Rome for a safe landing.

Switzerland's BFU reported, that an Easyjet Switzerland Airbus A319-100, registration HB-JZQ performing flight U2-1059 from Basel/Mulhouse (Switzerland/France) to Palma Mallorca,SP (Spain), was climbing when the aircraft conflicted with the Alitalia A321. The BFU stated: "Close encounter between two aircraft, one in level flight, the other during climb, on crossing tracks." An investigation has been opened.

Radar data suggest the Easyjet climbed above FL360 before descending to FL350, the crossing point of both aircraft being over French territory. A few minutes later the aircraft climbed to FL370 and continued to Palma Mallorca for a safe landing.

Incident: Windjet A320 at Catania on Aug 16th 2011, control failure
By Simon Hradecky, created Thursday, Aug 18th 2011 15:15Z, last updated Monday, Aug 29th 2011 12:29Z
A Windjet Airbus A320-200, registration EI-DFN performing flight IV-578 from Catania to Milan Malpensa (Italy) with 164 passengers, was in the initial climb out of Catania when the aircraft did not respond to some of the captain's control inputs. The crew levelled off at about 4000 feet and returned to Catania for a safe landing about 10 minutes after departure.

The airline said, that although there are two sets of controls in each aircraft the captain decided to return to Catania in order to not take any chances, when the aircraft did not respond to some of his inputs.

A replacement Airbus A320-200 registration EI-DOE reached Milan with a delay of 5 hours.

The ANSV decided on Aug 26th to open an investigation into the occurrence reporting the crew identified some inconsistencies in the indications and decided to return to Catania.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.